We’d like to welcome back our new monthly feature by-writer and writing coach, and longtime FC friend Jason Brick. He brings us news from around the writing world. Here’s his November Edition of The Break from HOKAIC (Hands on Keyboard, Ass in Chair).
Greetings all! As many of you know, I run a weekly newsletter of useful, fun, or amusing pieces of writing industry news called The Break From HOKAIC. As writers and lovers of writing yourselves, The Fictional Café thought you’d enjoy some highlights for your information and entertainment:
- Does Twitter pitching work?
- Four common pieces of writing advice that don’t go far enough
- A guide to influencer marketing for authors
- Alan Dean Foster and Disney are fussing over something important
- Some fabulous writing quotes you should know
- 8 Must-read self publishing blogs
If you’d like more, delivered each week, consider subscribing to the newsletter itself. It comes every Monday. Thanks for reading. See you next month!
And hey, one more thing! While I’ve got you, consider checking out Worth 1,000 Words, a flash fiction anthology starring many Fictional Café alumni, including el jefe himself Jack Rochester.