Editorial Note: This is the September edition of our new monthly feature from writing coach and longtime FC Barista Jason Brick. In this column, he’ll bring you news and advice from the writing world.
Greetings again! September has been an interesting month in the publishing world. Here’s a selection of the most interesting, informative, or amusing things I found around the internet while researching my weekly newsletter for writers:
- A piece on the fact-checking crisis in publishing
- Whether you should offer comp titles in a query letter
- Case study on why women write under men’s names
- A solid article on how to market your book
- Writing advice from GRR Martin
- Why Gillian Flynn gets her best writing done after midnight
If you have any questions or comments about these articles, leave a comment and let’s have a conversation.
If you’d like more, delivered each week, consider subscribing to the newsletter itself. It comes every Monday. Thanks for reading. See you next month!
Jason Brick is the Editorial Consultant Barista at The Fictional Café.