As we announced earlier this week, our writing contest opens today!
You can click here for the long version of the rules, but here’s the short version.
- Use the link above to submit your story
- Unless it’s poetry, art, or flash fiction your tale should be from 2k to 8k words
- It costs $10 to submit
- Submissions close on Friday, July 14
- Starting Monday, July 17 we run head-to-head elections to see who wins each genre category
- Winners of 1st through 3rd place go in a print anthology. They win glory, honor, and two free copies!
Any questions? Write me here!
Get to writing!
Editor’s note: The Fictional Cafe Writing Contest is the brain child of Jason Brick, FC’s Anthology Barista. An accomplished author of fiction and nonfiction, Jason is also a heck of an editor. Two years ago, he co-edited Baby Shoes, a collection of 100 works of flash fiction – written by 100 individual authors. Jason is the Conference Chair of this year’s Willamette Writers Conference as well, which is August 4-5-6 in Portland, Oregon.
We’re awfully proud of him, and delighted he’s going to be the managing editor of Fictional Café’s first anthology – which you will also get a chance to help name!
Is it permissible to submit more than one entry, if they are in different categories (e.g., art, and literary fiction), understanding that each submission costs $10?
Yes! You may send multiple submissions. Thanks for asking and we hope you’ll submit some of your work!