JASON BRICK’S NOTES FROM THE LAB
As a freelance writer deep in the trenches, I’m here to present your five facts and five favorites from the month of February, 2021.
Just the facts….
- Fiverr.com is a good place to get low-cost cover design services, and a bad place to find competent copy editing.
- The pandemic has shifted a lot of genre sales figures, but by now you shouldn’t change any decisions based on that.
- On social media, there is an inverse relationship between how successful a writer is and how mean they act.
- If you “don’t have time to write” you actually just prioritize other activities
- Martha Wells’s The Murderbot Diaries is really, really fun to read.
- Social Change in the Publishing Industry
- I don’t know if it’s going to be awesome or a train wreck, but I’m really looking forward to this
- An interesting music/publishing crossover
- A trend I find amusing
- You owe it to yourself to watch this video
See you next month everybody. Keep writing!