Our first Fictional Café Writing Contest is underway. Winners will get to see their work appear in our first Fictional Café Anthology, in both a print paperback book and an e-book. And if you get your work in between now and July 4th…read on.
You can click here for the long version of the rules, but here’s the short version.
- Use the link above to submit your story
- Unless it’s poetry, art, or flash fiction your tale should be from 2k to 8k words
- It costs $10 to submit
- Submissions close on Friday, July 14
- Starting Monday, July 17 we run head-to-head elections to see who wins each genre category
- Winners of 1st through 3rd place go in a print anthology. They win glory, honor, and two free copies!
As a special incentive, the first 10 writers who submit their work by midnight, July 4, will receive a FREE Fictional Café baseball hat as shown in the photo above. Today is June 29, so you have five days to get your story, poetry or art into the contest AND get a free FC hat. The offer ends on July 5, although you still have until July 14th to get your contest submissions in.
Any questions? Write me here!
Get to writing!
Editor’s note: The Fictional Café Writing Contest is the brain child of Jason Brick, FC’s Anthology Barista. An accomplished author of fiction and nonfiction, Jason is also a heck of an editor. Two years ago, he co-edited Baby Shoes, a collection of 100 works of flash fiction – written by 100 individual authors. Jason is the Conference Chair of this year’s Willamette Writers Conference as well, which is August 4-5-6 in Portland, Oregon.
We’re awfully proud of him, and delighted he’s going to be the managing editor of Fictional Café’s first anthology – which you will also get a chance to help name!